H. M. S. Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #3) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Aubrey/Maturin Novels series.
- #1: Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #1) (Paperback): $14.95
- #2: Post Captain (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #2) (Paperback): $13.95
- #4: The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #4) (Paperback): $13.95
- #5: Desolation Island (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #5) (Paperback): $10.95
- #6: The Fortune of War (Aubrey-Maturin #6) (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #7: The Surgeon's Mate (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #7) (Paperback): $10.95
- #8: The Ionian Mission (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #8) (Paperback): $9.95
- #9: Treason's Harbour (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #9) (Paperback): $10.95
- #10: The Far Side of the World (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #10) (Paperback): $10.95
- #11: The Reverse of the Medal (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #11) (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #12: The Letter of Marque (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #12) (Paperback): $15.95
- #13: The Thirteen Gun Salute (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #13) (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #14: The Nutmeg of Consolation (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #14) (Paperback): $15.95
- #15: The Truelove (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #15) (Paperback): $13.95
- #16: The Wine-Dark Sea (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #16) (Paperback): $15.95
- #17: The Commodore (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #17) (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #18: The Yellow Admiral (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #18) (Paperback): $13.95
- #19: The Hundred Days (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #19) (Hardcover): $5.98
- #20: Blue at the Mizzen (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #20) (Paperback): $13.95
- #21: 21: The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #21) (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
"The best historical novels ever written." —Richard Snow, New York Times Book Review
Third in the series of Aubrey-Maturin adventures, this book is set among the strange sights and smells of the Indian subcontinent, and in the distant waters ploughed by the ships of the East India Company. Aubrey is on the defensive, pitting wits and seamanship against an enemy enjoying overwhelming local superiority. But somewhere in the Indian Ocean lies the prize that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams: the ships sent by Napoleon to attack the China Fleet.
About the Author
One of our greatest contemporary novelists, Patrick O’Brian is the author of the twenty volumes of the best-selling Aubrey/Maturin series, as well as many other books, including Testimonies, The Golden Ocean, The Unknown Shore, and biographies of Joseph Banks and Picasso.
I haven’t read novels [in the past ten years] except for all of the Patrick O’Brian series. It was, unfortunately, like tripping on heroin. I started on those books and couldn’t stop.
— E. O. Wilson - Boston Globe
Patrick O’Brian is unquestionably the Homer of the Napoleonic wars.
— James Hamilton-Paterson - New Republic
A first-rate tale of the sea…I read it with absorption and satisfaction.
— Robertson Davies