Halo: Silentium: Book Three of the Forerunner Saga (Paperback)
Out of Stock. Usually Ships in 3-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Halo series.
- #1: Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Saga (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #2: Halo: Primordium: Book Two of the Forerunner Saga (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #3: Halo: Silentium: Book Three of the Forerunner Saga (Hardcover): Out of Stock - email or call for price 541-347-4111
- #8: Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Saga (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: Halo: Primordium: Book Two of the Forerunner Saga (Paperback): $16.99
The final novel of the Forerunner Saga trilogy by science fiction legend Greg Bear—set in the Halo universe and based on the New York Times bestselling video game series!
One hundred thousand years ago. Chaos rules the final days of the Forerunner empire. The Flood—a horrifying, shape-changing, and unstoppable parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies, and internal strife has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses. Facing the imminent collapse of their civilization, the Forerunners known as the Ur-Didact and the Librarian reveal what they know about the relationship between the long-vanished race of the Precursors and the Flood. While the Precursors created many technological species, including those of the Forerunners and humanity itself, the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of enormous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before. Because of that savagery, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to a solution. As they face the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—a shocking act designed to prevent an insane abomination from dominating the entire galaxy…
About the Author
Greg Bear is the author of Hull Zero Three (Orbit, November 2010), City at the End of Time (Del Rey 2009), Mariposa (Perseus paperback November 2010), Halo: Silentium, Halo: Primordium, and Halo: Cryptum (Tor, January 2013, 2012, and 2011). He's the father of two young writers, Erik and Alexandra. Greg's wife, Astrid Anderson Bear, has sold her first short story to San Diego Noir, in collaboration with Diane Clark.