I Survived the Japanese Tsunami 2011 (Prebound)
Out of Stock. Usually Ships in 3-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (Prebound): Not Available to Order
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (Prebound): $17.25
- #3: Tornado Terror (I Survived True Stories #3): True Tornado Survival Stories and Amazing Facts from History and Today (Hardcover): $12.99
- #4: Courageous Creatures (I Survived True Stories #4) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (MP3 CD): Not Available to Order
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001: Book 6 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Not Available to Order
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $17.25
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (MP3 CD): Not Available to Order
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $17.25
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $17.25
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound): Not Available to Order
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): Not Available to Order
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (Prebound): Not Available to Order
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Library Edition) (Library Binding): Not Available to Order
- #16: I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16) (Hardcover): Not Available to Order
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $16.25
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (I Survived #18) (Hardcover): Not Available to Order
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Hardcover): Not Available to Order
The disaster felt around the world . . .
Visiting his dad's hometown in Japan four months after his father's death would be hard enough for Ben. But one morning the pain turns to fear: first, a massive earthquake rocks the quiet coastal village, nearly toppling his uncle's house. Then the ocean waters rise and Ben and his family are swept away-and pulled apart-by a terrible tsunami.
Now Ben is alone, stranded in a strange country a million miles from home. Can he fight hard enough to survive one of the most epic disasters of all time?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree and Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.